Friday 22 November 2013

First Run this Winter

Had my first run this winter and first official "preparing for the marathon run" yesterday. In theory I should have started preparing for the Marathon about three weeks ago (they recommend 24 weeks minimum of training). So for three weeks I was driving home in the dark with miserable temperatures outside thinking "I should really go for a run today". As one might guess warm pilates studio or Downton Abbey on TV eventually took priority. In my defence last time I went for a run after work in my area I almost got hit by crazy cyclists (two times), another runner (only once) and almost fell into Regents Canal (three times). So it a bit more Hunger Games/triathlon in the end.
To cut the story short I gave in to the idea of running indoors for the next few weeks. Not willing to pay £80 (?!) monthly to Mr Branson for his Virgin Gym membership I've discovered a hotel gym next to my house which operate on pay-as-you-go basis. The gym is tiny and only has four treadmills but one doesn't need more I suppose. First step taken - more to come now.

And the question WHY... To be honest I am not sure I can honestly answer it now but somehow I think it'll all become clear in the end. It's really challenging myself to do something which is far outside my comfort zone and something I would not even think of a couple of years ago when I was was out of breath after running 1 mile.








No comments:

Post a Comment