Saturday 8 March 2014

Don't limit your challenges challenge your limits

Feeling panick-y today - it's five weeks till London Marathon when I am suppossed to run 42rm in under six hours (because lets be honest running once they open the roads will be quite embarrasing). Under five hours would be much better of course.
In any case since my half-marathon a month ago my knees have been giving me trouble (bad shoes - my fault I know) thus limiting my weekly mileage to under 25K per week and this week I was down with a cold so zero mileage for the last six days. Far far away from what I should be doing five weeks before the event. :(
Ideally one needs to run 30K at some point before the Marathon to ensure they're ready for the race. I am a bit panicky if this is going to happen to me at all to be honest...
Ok, trying to stay positive - tomorrow looks like a beautiful sunny day in London and out hotel in Reykjavik has a gym next week. With a little bit of luck and my knees not playing up I should be able to my close to 30K run on March 30th.... Fingers crossed.

To support me please donate here



No comments:

Post a Comment