Sunday 16 February 2014

Running in India over Christmas

Hope everyone enjoyed the holidays and back to healthy eating and sleeping habits after Christmas. I spent Christmas and New Year in India between Mumbai and Goa and to be honest wasn’t sure how much training I’ll be able to do there. Thankfully I did manage to fit a few runs however they were not more than half-hour each as it is very-very hot in India this time of year and every mile feels like five in London.

On the bright side I’ve probably had the best views for my runs in a while – long beaches and beautiful rice plantations (on the photo below). Mumbai Marathon is happening in February and to be honest I can’t imagine how one can do 42K in this heat – lots of respect for runners in tropical countries.

Only thirteen weeks left till the big day so time to seriously get to the training. So far I’m doing two running sessions per week – 10K after work and longer runs on Sundays with my husband outside. I’m also doing two Pilates sessions per week to work on muscles and to make sure I don’t get hurt while running.


Another piece of great news – I’ve raised more than £700 already for Family Holiday Association – I can’t believe how great and generous my friends and colleagues have been. I feel very lucky to be able to do this and being supported by wonderful people.


No comments:

Post a Comment